The International Events WG works to ensure high quality international events in EUROAVIA by supporting the Affiliated Societies involved in the organisation of such events. There are many types of international events, each focusing on developing specific aspects, and all of them are organised by one of our Affiliated Societies.
International events are the true core of EUROAVIA, the moment when the EUROAVIA spirit gets instilled in every participant and, for those few days, the dream of our founding fathers becomes extremely clear. This is why the International Events WG is one of the most active and most important in EUROAVIA!
Organising an international event is not an easy task. It requires time, energy and committment, not to mention a strong and cohesive team willing to work together for several months. EUROAVIA international events, then, must respect some minimum quality standards reported in article 3.5 of the EUROAVIA Bylaws. It is for all these reasons that the International Events WG was founded during EMEAC 2011 Lisboa, to support (prospective) Affiliated Societies in the fulfillment of these projects.
During the years, the International Events WG has also acquired additional tasks and responsibility, bringing it to have three main areas of responsibility.
International Events Tutoring
As soon as an Affiliated Society decides to organise an international event, the International Events WG assigns a tutor to support the organisation team. The tutor is a person experienced in the organisation of international events that works together with the organisation committee to define a clear timeline to prepare for the event and a task division. Moreover, the tutor is always available to provide tips and tricks for many organisational aspects of the international event (especially about how to attrack sponsors and partners).
Air Show participation
Air Shows are a great moment for all aerospace students to see with their own eyes the magnificence and the beauty of what they are studying in their classrooms. Moreover, it are perfect moments for EUROAVIA to be represented at an international level and gain visibility among the top aerospace companies.
The International Events WG, is responsible for coordinating the participation of EUROAVIA members to Air Shows across Europe, providing, whenever possible, a booth and discounted tickets for EUROAVIA representatives.
The members of the International Events WG are:
- Andreea Cristina Sfia (Coordinator, AS Bucharest)
- Carlos Escrig (Backup Coordinator, AS Valencia)
- Ayse Bay (1st IB Responsible, IB Executive Member)
- Moises Linares (2nd IB Responsible, IB Executive Member)
- Bianca Anamaria Bendas (Member, AS Bucharest)
- Blanca Romero (Member, AS Seville)
- Cristian Simion George (Member, AS Bucharest)
- Daniel Darling (Member, AS Cadiz)
- Daniel Garcia (Member, AS Seville)
- Elena Romero (Member, AS Madrid)
- Fábio Cipriano Ventura (Member, AS Covilhã)
- Jorge Pascual (Member, AS Madrid)
- Matthieu Lucas-Leclin (Member, AS Paris)
- Marina Delgado (Member, AS Seville)
- Pablo Flores (Member, AS Cadiz)
- Vachan Srinath (Member, AS Toulouse)