The International Board (IB) is the board of directors of EUROAVIA. It is a body of members elected during the EMEAC (Electoral Meeting of the EUROAVIA Congress) and who jointly oversee the activities of the association. The powers, duties and responsibilities of the International Board are defined in the EUROAVIA Statutes and Bylaws and are conferred by the Congress, i.e. the association's full assembly composed by up to two legal representatives from all the Affiliated Societies of EUROAVIA.
The International Board has the following duties and responsibilities:
- To govern the association by establishing broad policies and objectives.
- To represent EUROAVIA and its members' interests where necessary and possible.
- To provide its members with the necessary information concerning EUROAVIA's international interests.
- To act as a mediator and coordinator between the Affiliated Societies when necessary or called upon.
- To supervise and support the work and the performances of the Working Groups.
- To run the EUROAVIA Congress with regard to their thematic content.
- To provide a written Business and Financial Plan at the beginning of the Business Year and a Business and Financial Report at the mid and end of the Business Year itself.
- Keep and maintain a complete record of all EUROAVIA's financial transactions.
- To provide all requirements for a smooth hand-over to the Designated International Board.