EUROAVIA is an international student association with several Local Groups across Europe, India and Africa. Local Groups spread and live the EUROAVIA spirit, a set of common values based upon hard work, innovation, cultural awareness, team work and international networking. EUROAVIA’s heart beats thanks to the work done inside each of its Local Groups.
There are different types of Local Groups:
- Affiliated Society (AS) - a full member of EUROAVIA, with all rights and obligations;
- Prospective Affiliated Society (PAS) - a group that is in the process of becoming an AS.
- Adjunct Member (AM) - a group located outside the geographical borders of Europe and that have limited rights and obligations compared to an AS.
- Prospective Adjunct Member (PAM) - a group that is in the process of becoming an AM.
At the moment EUROAVIA counts 43 local groups in 17 countries, reaching up to more than 2000 members.
You should join EUROAVIA because it is a student organisation that unites students from all over Europe, India and Africa who share the same passion for aeronautics and space.
Why should you join EUROAVIA?
By joining EUROAVIA you can get in touch with different cultures and people with the more diverse backgrounds. Moreover, you are offered with incomparable advantages and opportunities: You can become an active part of the aerospace world, start shaping the aerospace industry of tomorrow and get in touch with the biggest and most influencing companies in the European aerospace scene.
Joining our events gives you the opportunity to acquire practical knowledge and soft skills, experiencing something that your sole studies will never be able to offer you. All this... While having lots of fun!
If there is an Affiliated Society in your university, we invite you to join our network.
If you are already part of an association who shares the same spirit, goals and interests of EUROAVIA, then you should definitely consider joining us. Otherwise, you can create your own AS from scratch.
How to create a new AS?
- Download and fill in the Motivation Letter. Then, send it to the Affiliated Societies Working Group (AS WG) and to the International Board (IB).
- If we respond positively, you will become a Possible Prospective Affiliated Society (PPAS) or a Possible Prospective Adjunct Member (PPAM) if you are based outside of Europe. From this point on, the process of joining us has started.
- During the upcoming EUROAVIA Congress you will have the possibility to give a presentation about your Local Group, university, city and local or national aerospace industry, and explain the reason that has brought you to join EUROAVIA.
- After your presentation, the Congress will vote to decide if you deserve to become part of EUROAVIA, and, in case of a favourable outcome, you will become a Prospective Affiliated Society (PAS) or, again, a Prospective Adjunct Member (PAM) in case you are based outside of Europe.