EUROAVIA at a glance
EUROAVIA is the European Association of Aerospace Students, representing the interests of over 2000 students from 38 universities in 19 European countries. Established in 1959, EUROAVIA wants to be a bridge between companies, universities and students. Its goals are:
- To promote European cooperation in the aerospace field by providing opportunities for our members to meet, exchange and learn on all levels.
- To internationally represent European aerospace students.
- To acquaint student members with their future working environment stimulating contacts with the industry.
EUROAVIA works to develop current and future leaders promoting the EUROAVIA Spirit, a set of common values based upon hard work, innovation, cultural awareness, team work and international networking.
Being both a non-political and non-profit association, EUROAVIA is managed exclusively by voluntary students with its various activities and projects entirely financed by membership fees, sponsorship and participation fees.
The International Board (IB) represents EUROAVIA on the international level. The IB is nominated during the yearly EMEAC (Electoral Meeting of the EUROAVIA Congress), which is held in Spring. The nominees form the Designated International Board (DIB) prepare a Business and Financial Plan before they take over their predecessors' job at the AMEAC (Annual Meeting of the EUROAVIA Congress) in Fall.
Affiliated Societies' representatives participate to these two congresses. Besides the International Board's election, the representatives discuss future international activities and receive reports from the established international Working Groups. And since the congresses are always organized by one of the 38 Local Groups, they are also an excellent opportunity to see more of Europe!
The Working Groups, then, take care of specific long term project. They have financial and decisional autonomy and report to the International Board and to the EUROAVIA Congress. Some of them are founded on a permanent basis while others expire at the end of their project.
Read more about the International Board, the Working Groups and the Local Groups.
Each year various activities are organized throughout Europe:
- Local activities, for which the Local Groups are responsible, and which include: visits, workshops, lectures, parties and social events;
- International events coordinated by the International Board: fly-ins, Congress meetings, symposiums, the Design Contest / Design Workshop and also airshow presences (EUROAVIA participates in major aerospace exhibitions in Europe, being present at ILA, Berlin, Farnborough and Le Bourget, Paris).
Read more about Events.
EUROAVIA News is the official organ of communication, quarterly published and entirely composed and published by students.
An internal publication, the Newsletter, is distributed monthly and provides the Local Groups with activity reports of the IB and other LGs, with announcements of forthcoming events.
Read more about Publications.
We are active on various social networks, you can find them below:
Last updated: June 19, 2016